View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
kiki5711

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
kiki,

i am sorry that you are having to go thru this.
how old is her daughter? is there a chance of her staying with you, til your daughter gets her life in a positive direction?
other than that- what if you were not here? d would have to find her way,
cam she work? will she get treatment for her drinking? if not- what can you do for her? be an audience?
tell her not to call you when she is drinking. let her know that the drinking is a big issue here. that you are going to take care of yourself.
the drinking may make it seem like she is crazy- it messes your mind up!
please- if you have not read the "Three Act Play- up top in the sticky of classic reading- please do! it made me feel that my son is not as hopeless as i thought- that alcohol has a similar effect on every aocoholic. it is a great help- to see what you can do.

i think that it was when i realized my role was killing my son- as much as the alcohol.

hang in there. do something good for you today- and dont take calls when she is drinking. big hugs,
xoxoxo, chicory
she's 24. she does have a job, not a great one but it's a job for now. she lives with her boyfriend. if all else fails, I will take my grandaughter and raise her. And that's the one reason I always answer the phone, because I always want to make sure that my grandaughter is ok. She knows this is my weakness. I had to take care of my grandaughter before full time and it was extremely exhausting for me. I've been through too much physically (two cancers) still dealing with side effects of chemo, and I'm still not recouperated. But I want my daughter to step up, grow up and take responsibility. She tried to just (conveniently) leave my grandaughter with me full time, so that I have NO time to my self, while she has ALL the free time after work and weekends. Yea, it's nice to be able to rest after work. But I'm 53, and she's 24. She can do it, I know, just trying to get out of hard work.

Being around her makes me want to kill myself when she's like that.

I also work full time and by the time I get home I'm totally exhausted. I wish I had enough money. I would help her, and I try as best as I can. I just feel like she's dragging me to my grave. I have no energy to deal with this any more. I'm way past my exhaustion. I'm trying to think of ways I can help her. WHat can I do? (I'm thinking)....then I just want to curl up under a carpet and disappear.

We'll see. I have to get through this weekend. I'm so tired. It's only 8am.