View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
chicory

[LexieCat,

That sounds like no big deal compared to being homeless and finding a place to live, but the point is, he is making choices every day--he just hasn't experienced the consequences because you've been protecting him from them.
You are so right ! I see it so much, that he needs this, but it just seem so extreme. But it helped me when Spawn wrote that being homeless made him the man he is, and that it was no ones fault. that Morning Glory did the right thing in his eyes. I would think that someone who has been homeless would give us the truth about it. I appreciate that more than he knows.

[
QUOTE]Remember, all this hostility on his part is sheer manipulation. He is trying to get you to cave. You don't have to cave. If you ever want love and respect from your son, you must stick to your guns. If you cave, you will get neither love nor respect nor gratitude. It will be the SAME THING all over again.

You must have been tuned into my mind today. This evening, i had some light go off in my head, and i thought "I have a soul. It is being abused. Just because someone is down and out, even if it was due to the economy, they dont have the right to abuse me, and I dont have to let them."

It is wrong, to treat me this way, and it happened too much in my life, and now, i have a choice. I deserve dignity, for i try hard to do for others, and to be an honest and good person. I have helped him more than anyone (maybe it was not really so helpful after all, but anyway), and he does not have the right to treat me disrespectfully. Why do I let him? I have feelings, I have rights, I have a heart that hurts when it is taken for granted.
You are so right, he will never respect me. If I dont demand respect and take up for myself, I will get used like an old rag. I act like an old rag.

It has to stop. You can do it.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I know that it has to. I do not wish to hand over my life to someone who does not understand what really giving is. I pray that he finds self respect. and i will help him, by not letting him abuse me, for i think that he does not respect his self, cause he is being allowed to be selfish, and he must hate his self for that, i would think. my son knows right from wrong. he never used to hurt anyones feelings. he never passed judgement on anyone, but after living life this way for too long, he is bitter. I have hope that when he is busy living, and taking care of his self, he will not have time nor need to be bitter about the "injustices of the system".

thanks for listening. kind of a soapbox thingy, wasn't it?
love you all