View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Spawn

Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
I put my son out homeless with no car. I did go to Wal-Mart first and get him a jacket, backpack, beanie to keep his head warm, gloves, shoes, and some food items to take with him. That was my way of feeling better about the whole thing. No money ever though. I took the tags off of everything so he didn't know where I bought it.

One other time he was dangerous and I had to leave him out in the cold rain all night too drunk to help himself. I wasn't sure he would make it. The police wouldn't help me. I handed him out a sandwich and cup of coffee in the morning and sent him walking.

He never lived with me again after that. It was really hard, but we both made it.
wow this hurt to read. I'm sorry you had to go through this.
I guess this is why it's called tough love.
I'm a recovering alcoholic and I know first hand what pain my drinking has done. For what it's worth I think you did the right thing and I admire your strength. Some things I had to face on my own as well..........being homeless was a part too. I remember sleeping in stair wells trying to get out of the cold and so on. But God had a plan for me. I had to go through it in order to be the man I am today..........it was no ones fault I have a disease.
I guess I just wanted you to know you and your son will be in my prayers tonight. Thank you for sharing.