View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
keepinon

Kinda OT..Enablers R everywhere!

I am practically shaking as I write this.I work with 0-3 year olds with developmental delays. i have a lttle girl i see whose father has horns tattooed on his head, no job, on food stamps, has a restricted license due to DUI's, has a history of violence against the mother (she had a restraining order)and is all around just a peach.
The little girl is severely delayed and can't speak.All of these factors put her in a very high risk category for abuse. Well, a teacher at the school mentioned she has recently masterbated herself at naptime..now..could be developmentally appropriate or it could be a sign of sexual abuse. I have been THIIIIS close to reporting this family anyway, but this new info. just did it.
The school director called me and really seems to feel the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. She says he's really a nice guy and just loves his daughter so much. I told her I didn't accuse him of anything, but given his alcohol problem and past violence whether or not he's "a really good guy" he is at high risk for being an abuser. God knows who goes in and out of the house. Now mom has a new bf that dad says has a history of abuse...I want to fu&*ing throw up right now.
Why do people excuse this kind of behavior ..she actually said"Alot of people go through this kind of thing when they break up" What? Threats, violence? He didn't even DENY that he shoved her down..omg I am losing it. Why in f are in in the business of taking care of kids ? We were civil and I used alot of alanon techniques to communicate but really I felt like I was arguing with an addict..then it hit me..no, I'm arguing with an ENABLER! Turns out she has known him most of his life.bARF I have been working with kids since I was 16 and have only reported about 5 people.I am just in disbeleif..shouldn't be. Oh and CPS won't do a damn thing, but at least the report will be on there for the future.