View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
childofnite
September 28th 2010...

Talking ONE MONTH TODAY! No looking back!!

Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still here, since I missed last Friday's meeting.

I am 1 month sober today, and couldn't be happier. I started a new job on October 4th, so I haven't been around nearly as much as I have wanted to be, but now I have figured out what is acceptable for internet usage, and what is not a good time to be here online, and I have discovered it is vital to my recovery to be here on breaks, and whenever I have a free moment. Who cares if someone checks the history at some distant time and finds out I am an alcoholic? I don't - it isn't a fireable offence in any way, and that I am seeking recovery is more important that some random person finding out.

Talking about that, I think I am finding lately that I don't CARE whether people find out any more. It is as much a part of my life's journey (thus far in my nearly 37 years on this earth! ) as my nicotine addiction and subsequent recovery, my morbid obesity then my gastric bypass/weight loss, and my coming of age enough to accept myself as I am. If people feel the need to scoff, sneer, feel superior or laugh about my addictions and my recovery, they can go pound sand. So there!

Thanks for being here for me and for all noobs that need guidance and support. This place has made all the difference!

Diana