View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xflip227x

Unhappy UPDATE: Friend of an addict

Hey all,
I know I haven't been on here for a few days, but I wanted to tell everyone what's been going on as of late. Last weekend, my girl-friends parents and sister found out she's an addict; by accident. Her mother went onto her computer, and the links that I had sent her for her to go to for information on rehab/detox came up. Her family had their suspicions for awhile, but could never prove it. She had stolen thousands of $$'s worth of jewelry from her family as well as from mine, pawned it, and now her mother is getting the stuff back(having to pay to get those items back). Her mother is determined to get her into some kind of program and even she (the addict), wants to be in a program. I speak to her sister everyday now, and she's an absolute mess; like how I was when I first had positive proof of use.

I did e-mail the results of the test to her mom and sister because they wanted the proof.

A few weeks ago, me and her (the addict), went to a blues club in NYC, she had told me that she stopped seeing the other guy she was seeing because she wanted to work things out with me; mind you this is before I tested and received the results. Her sister told me today, that she has been seeing him still.

I've spoken to her mother and they appreciate everything I've done to try to help her; and still want me there to support her. I'm not trying to be her boyfriend; I know that can't and absolutely will not happen unless/until she can love herself again and find out who she is. They understand that if at any point I would want to walk away, they would understand.

I plan on confronting her today concerning the stolen jewelry from my home; which she lied about 'not taking' in the first place as well as her lying about the other guy.