Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

I remember watching these on youtube during my first few weeks and I thought OMG....yes that is me. Some scary stuff but being an alcoholic.....didn't really shock me much. I too led years of insanity fueled with alcohol. I could see myself in the folks shown in this documentary.

I agree with W that stories of recovery would be a great thing to put out there. I couldn't find too much but I will say that SR was the only tool that I found that actually had real people sharing their stories of sobriety. Whatever form of recovery....it opened my eyes to the different options available and it gave me the hope that I needed. I know I needed a started point for the journey. I was clueless but I knew I needed help in staying sober and learning to live again.

I spent quite a bit of time reading the thread on stories of recovery and seeing how others did it. Let me know that a new life is possible.

Like many, I didn't need the horrors of drinking shown (for me I was already in the pit) but success stories of how people did get sober and what recovery was about.

Good thoughts guys!