View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Music View Post
One of the first things I learned as a newcomer was "no major decisions in the first year".....
Except, of course, that business of turning your entire will and life over to the care of God as you understand Him.

Originally Posted by Music View Post
"newcomers don't get involved with newcomers." Most of us don't come to AA in good shape. ........ As has been said already, back off and take care of yourself first.
YEP, for sure.

I was taught that I needed a new set of priorities in life and getting laid comes later. I was told that I better learn to love God before I try another relationship on my own.....without God's help......or it'd go the way all my past relationships went.

......and this one was the final blow to me (hehehe...from the same guy who taught me "first things learned are the last things forgotten / last things learned are the first things forgotten): If I want to know where I stand in MY program....... look at who I'm sleeping with. If I'm healthy, well, happy, joyous and free...I'll attract that sort of person. He says, "God's no fool Mike..... He's not gonna send a 'good man' to a ho......and He's not gonna send a 'good woman' to a low-down dirty dog. Nope, God's gonna send someone just as sick (or well) as you are."

lol....man those oldtimers hit hard sometimes, don't they?