View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

Originally Posted by joey8262 View Post
i'm not saying that in a negative way-but am trying to say that rather than the family dissolve and the child ends up in the middle-if he went and spoke to someone or sought help-rehab is good but if there are things in his head he can't deal with alone then he needs help-maybe he just uses for fun-maybe he uses to blank things out-nobody knows-my heart goes out to her and their child-but at the end of the day getting a bit of help ie. someone to open up to-might actually help him and save their marriage-believe me-i'm talking from experience-i lost my girlfriend and everything that went with it-including 2 kids-why ? because i couldnt find the help i needed-thats why my point was-dont write him off-try and talk to him and persuade him to speak to someone outside-it can't do any harm and might save their marriage. sorry if i offend anyone but that's how i feel.

Joey.. he can find his own help if he wants it. He can call NA, he can call AA, he can call back his rehab and speak to a counselor, he can see a doctor, an emergency room. This is on him.. the catering to the addict deal has really not gotten anyone anywhere healthy.

This child has absolutely no say in this matter, and is living in the chaos of active addiction, unfairly.

I am also an addict in recovery, and I'll be damned if I'd ever have put the responsibility of my recovery on anyone else, family, spouse, society, or anyone outside my own head.