View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by joey8262 View Post
got to balance this one-as an alcoholic for years i have had numerous relapses-i keep having them-my family etc are sick of telling me what i'm doing-maybe he just needs support-i've got support on here and now, from a.a-i know its not the same situation but he must have a hole in his life somewhere-and i dont mean familywise or anything-it could be something thats gtot to him in the past and keeps recurring-i know i can go for weeks and weeks dry and then i hit the floor-i'm trying to work out what triggers me-maybe he needs to talk to someone to see what triggers him-if he's just using it for recreation purposes then that's one thing-if he's using it to black out/mask underlying things then the sooner he adresses them the better-i have been using drink etc to make myself feel better about things that have happened to me-and after a while the dark thoughts come in and you think-oh f**k it-theres no point-it's never going to go away-i'm waiting for psychotherapy to help me resolve my issues-maybe he needs to actually sit and talk to someone outside of "the box" i mean, someone that doesn't know him or you-someone he can open up to without fear of any repercussions-i know when i see my shrink i come out feeling drained-but a little bit of weight is lifted off my shoulders each time-and knowing what i tell him is confidential-and he doesn't know me or any of my closest anyway-so he can't really disclose what is said, makes me feel better.

i know this may be not what you want to hear but dope him up on meds as much as you want-as proven, he's been in rehab-come out-and gone back to his ways.

sounds to me (armchair psychologist lol ) like he does need to speak to someone over this, before he goes too far.
As a recovering alcoholic/addict myself, it's up to me to live in the solution.

Regardless of what her husband might 'need', it's affecting her and her son's life.

We are here to support her.