View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
30Sober

Sober for 3 days now

Hi, I am new here.

I decided recently that I need to quit drinking. My health has deteriorated as a result of drinking. I have a good job, I haven't been arrested for drunk driving and I am pretty lucky in that respect. But it could've gone badly very quickly.

I got tired of waking up hungover and spending the day at work drinking lots of fluids and so on... I am tired of looking at all the weight I have gained, being out of breath easily and just feeling really bloody awful.

I have now been "sober" for nearly three days. I still feel awful and I wish I was drinking. It's hard to find things to do when your evenings were 100% devoted to getting wasted and laughing at stupid facebook posts. I want to get back to the gym but I think I first need to detox a little before hitting the hard exercise.

I just want to know when or if I will ever feel good again? I miss being drunk, it was my happy time and now I need to find another thing to make me happy. It's hard but I know I need to give up the alcohol before it destroys my life and my health.

Well, I felt like I needed to get that off my chest.