Thread: What To Do
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TeM

Wow. I can really relate to your post... except for the successful business part, I'm in a very similar situation.

I've been married to AW for 30 years. I've only realized within the last two years that she's an alcoholic, so we haven't gotten to the rehab stage, and maybe never will. She won't admit having a problem, even though she fell and broke her ankle while drunk two weeks ago.

Our daughter is 18, but still living at home. I'm facing the same dilemma that you are; do I stay with AW and watch her destroy us both, or do I take the expensive, painful step of divorcing her? She's technically disabled, so I'm pretty sure the divorce court would take me to the cleaners. Still, that might be better than the almost certain financial destruction that awaits if I try to stick it out. This latest little episode is going to cost us several thousand out of pocket... who knows what damage she'll do to herself next time?

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I, for one, will be watching your posts, hoping for a little inspiration.

Good luck.