Old 10-22-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
4mylittleones

Wow, you all seem to have so much strength! I always thought I was a pretty strong woman, but I admit it is difficult for me to find the strength to end contact all together with my XAH. I think we ended our marriage but never ended our friendship until this year. I would not tolerate this treatment from any other friend of mine though, I admit that. I think I just wanted to much for my boys not to lose out on anything just because we got divorced.

I am in the process of reading "Codependent No More" and I've been to a few Alanon meetings. I need to find a meeting that I'm comfortable in that will work with my schedule. It's a little tricky being the only parent, but I'm sure many of you deal with or have dealt with that.

My younger son is turning 7 in just over a week. I had told him and his Dad that they could visit close to his Birthday. Wishing I hadn't already said that. Although, honestly my son may not notice....and his Dad has broken many promises to me, so I shouldn't really feel guilty about changing my mind. I really have to work on my feelings of guilt!