View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
acdirito

Thank you for your posts. It helps me to know that I am not alone. Living with my DDH makes me feel so alone. Talking to him is like talking to a wall. Our marriage has always been about him! His common reponse to decisions we needed to make was "What about me (him)!" I don't even think he knows how upset I am with him.

My situation got so bad I started sleeping on the sofa in the living room. However, after a few nights sleeping on the sofa it became uncomfortable, so I moved back upstairs into our bedroom. I think by me moving back into the bedroom he thinks everything has been forgotten. He has always had the believe if something isn't discussed, it isn't real.

I have told him I only what two things from him: get a physical; and to go into individual therapy. Somehow our conversations got back on my requests of him. I'm glad my 35 year old son was in the bedroom to hear his response, because once again his stinking thinking response was "What's in it for him!" I responded it was for his own benefit. Later he told me "if" he goes he wants me to be nicer to him. I'm not sure how I could be any nicer to him than I already am at this point of time in my life.