View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

Originally Posted by gr8t2bme View Post
Can somebody please tell me if it's normal to feel so much guilt after not drinking for almost 2 months. I am extremely depressed that I even wrote a "goodbye" letter yesterday. Not drinking is bringing up horrible feelings of guilt of what I did during the years of drinking. My most guilt is how I was as a mother towards my daughter growing up during those years of drinking.

The horrible feeling is so deep in my soul, I don't know how else to get rid of it. Is it normal too have all these feelings come forward after not drinking for a while. I'm at a loss.

Theresa
Hi Theresa
I think you might be going through the norm. My sister felt just like you, she felt incredible guilt, she was a mum too. My sister let the guilt get so far into her head though, that the addiction got worse and we lost her a year ago.

Please dont do that to your kids. Just please know, that your kids love you so much and all they want is a well mum. I guarantee thats all that everybody wants for you. Why not try writing a letter to yourself, and write down all those things you want to do with your kids right now and the future, that might help.
2 months is a great achievement and you should be so proud of that honey, and I bet your kids think it too. Keep going strong and talk nice things to yourself. You can do this for you. You have many years ahead to spend with your kids, so stop feeling bad and think of the nice future ahead.
JJ