View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Hey, Starlynn, I agree that it's not a silly question at all. There's a reason there is dosage information on medicine, more is not better and mixing medicines can lead to impaired behavior - heck, even normal doses can do that (hence the warnings against driving after taking some medicine).

I've had an 'Aha moment' with this thread:
  • STBXAH - AB at the time - missed the bed once while lying down and hit his head on the night stand giving himself a huge gash on the temple. (How does some one completely miss a bed for pete's sake?! Oh, yeah, drinking, never mind.) Scared me to death. He told me it was because he'd taken cold medicine and hadn't eaten. I hadn't seen him drink anything, so I believed him.
  • I refused to buy beer or vodka one trip to the grocery store, because we wouldn't have had enough for food for us and the baby. He agreed, but when we went past the medicine aisle, he reminded me that we were both fighting terrible colds and were out of cold medicine. We bought nyquil because he prefered it and it helped him sleep, even though like half a dose makes me feel sick to my stomach (and we had to do without a couple items on our list). I decided I didn't want to feel nauseous on top of having a cough and stuffy nose and did not take any nyquil, but the bottle was still empty the next morning. "Must have spilled." Oh. Okay.
  • I always had to buy a new bottle of vanilla extract when I wanted to make cookies. The old one was always gone when I looked for it. "Don't you remember, you made cookies like a month ago? You must have used it up."

I learn something new every day.