Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hunny1116

Thank you

Well.... first, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who responded to my post about leaving my AS at the shelter last week. I love the way we all love and support each other. Every night, I wake up around 2-3 am and can't go back to sleep. I begin to worry. And, then I begin to pray... for all of us, and all of our family members. Before I know it, I'm alseep again....

My AS has been texting and calling me. I wasn't answering the calls or reading the texts. Just wanting the detach and put some time and space between us to help clear my head. Yesterday, I decided to read the text "in case it was good news." It said:

"So, you're going to ignore me for the rest of my life? I wonder where you got that from."

This told me 3 things:

He has not changed.
He has not found help.
He is still trying to manipulate me.

That being the case, I have decided to maintain no contact with him for today. I have chosen to not watch him destroy himself; to allow him to live the life he chooses, not the one I would choose for him; and to remember that, as a good friend just told me, "he has a higher power, and it isn't you."

with love,