View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by Wife2Kids View Post
As my sister told me--"He's stolen everything else. Don't let him steal your joy!"
Wife2Kids, I love this quote from your sister!

Mermaidgirl, I'm going through a divorce right now, too – I filed this summer; STBXAH’s list wasn’t quite the same as the one yours made, but I hear your frustration and anger. I was floored when I got STBXAH's paperwork and shocked then mad as a hornet when I was told by my lawyer that he'll probably get most of it. Our case has changed quite a bit since the initial filing and he keeps pulling cr-p that may change it more, so I'm still not sure how the divorce will finish out. The outcome is ultimately not anything I can control.

(Can I wish for Karma to bite him in the a-- without screwing up my own karmic results? )

I have to keep telling myself that as long as I can set up some safety measures to protect myself and DS while he tries to build a relationship with his dad, the money lost will be a small price to pay to be free. And it would certainly be less than what we would have lost if we had continued to live with STBXAH. Some days are easier than others to remember that.

Wishing you strength and peace.