Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SisDeservesBtr

Thanks everyone for the welcome and for your suggestions.

My sister does attend Al-Anon meetings and went through family counseling/education during a stay my BIL had in a rehab facility. I know she has been reading books, and I think she *might* have visited/read some online forums, but I am not sure. She is doing what she can to be informed - even if her AH is skipping meetings, in denial, etc.

She has talked to me about what has been happening, but I think she talks to others who live in her same town more ... friends, church family, etc. I know it isn't easy for her to talk about because talking about means reliving what has happened and having to tell the painful stories over and over again. I tend to wait for her to take opportunities to talk to me if she wants to because I don't want to push or pry or make this more painful. I never did call her often (even before this was happening) becuse she is a busy person, and now I fell like I don't want to call her because she is constantly getting text messages and calls from friends, co-volunteers, etc. and I have seen how all the calls/texts can cause her to feel frazzled. I feel like it is a fine line to walk ... being there to listen and making her feel worse.

Thanks again for your welcome and thoughts.