View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DaisyBuchanan

I've Been Going Thru So Much

I'm actually a member from a couple years ago when I was dealing with my ex's alcoholism. This site has always helped me. Well, I'm back. Unfortunately.

I was seeing a guy for a few months, and we were inseparable. He was always over my house, and we had a great connection. I had never met somebody who I had so much in common with. It was wonderful. He was always with me. It felt like "home" when he was around, and I know he felt the same way.

Because I work in the city and take the bus, I would let him take my car to work every day, and then he would drop it off when he came home, and he would usually come over for dinner and stay over.

September 10th, he took my car to work, and never returned it. He went to a work party that his boss threw, and he wouldn't bring my car back. He was being a dick about it over text. I knew he was drunk. I had a bad feeling. I should've called the cops to get my car back, but I didn't. Around 11pm, I went to bed. Long story short, he totaled my car, was arrested for a DUI, and I was sick to my stomach the whole next day trying to locate him and my car.

That was basically beginning of the end...Finally, he showed up on my doorstep at 6am on Sunday. The accident happened on Friday. He had been sitting in a jail cell, and then just wanted to go home and rest. I found out about my car by calling the police and they ran the plates. Sunday, he showed up and told me. I let him hang out in my house. I said that we would get through this.

Little did I know the Pandora Box would be opening of who he was, what he was capable of, and how much damage one person could do. People talk about the mirage when an addict is trying to stay straight. That's what happened here. The mirage was disappearing very quickly.

He hung out at my house that Sunday (by himself for a bit while I was out). I told him that he could relax and watch TV. Little did I know, he had stolen 2 of my credit cards, social security card, and my roommate's checks. I had no idea.

He was supposed to go to his arraignment, but refused to go. I begged and pleaded, cried for him to go. The next day, Tuesday, he said he would turn himself in. He lied to me, said he would, and then never did. He went back to western Mass. and went on a heroin bender with another junkie, a girl he had pulled out of recovery, a friend of a friend he knew.

He spent $1,000 on my credit cards and another $1,000 in checks, he stole from my roommate. Meanwhile, he would text me how much he loved me, how he was going to turn himself in.

I never knew that he had a past, that he was on probation, that he had a suspended license, that he was an ADDICT. Everything revealed itself in one week. I felt like my whole life was falling apart

The next Sunday, I called his mom (once I knew about my credit cards), and told her and she called the cops and got him arrested.

He spent 20-30 days in jail, now he's out, living in a shelter. I'm no longer friends with him on FB, but I saw that his profile pic is of him and the junkie chick. I'm guessing he's not clean. We have a mutual friend, and I wrote him a letter and had him give it to him. I poured my heart out in the letter. That day, I actually saw him at the bus stop. I couldn't even look at him. He's done so much damage to my life.

My roommate and I are pressing charges against him and the girl. The girl was the one who cashed 3 of the 4 checks of my roommate's.

This has been a nightmare. Let this be a cautionary tale to anybody who thinks they can have a relationship with an addict.

The person I cared about is gone. Some days I miss him, and every day I think about him. I'm just glad he's out of my life, and he can't hurt me anymore. I hope someday he finds happiness and sobriety.