Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EaglesNest

Does tapering from Oxycodone Oxycontin help reduce withdrawls?

Some of you may have read my story in newcomers, it's simalar to how everyone ended up here with my own horrer stories...

But I am tring to find out if tapering down from Oxycodone helps in the end to get off these altogether?

I have been taking up to 300 mg a day but have made it 24 hours now on 90 mg and even that has been hard. Luckily I slept through 12 hours of it.

Still have a herniated disk as proven by MRI but no severe pinches to spinal cord. Just the ocasional WHAM! felt like an electric shock from head to toe and the back hurts all the time. Also have neuropathy in feet and lower legs from years of back injuries and three back surgeries.

Finaccially it is a drain since my doctor cut me off 4 months ago, mentally knowing I have to take a pill or become sick from withdrwls is a drain as well. Never realized how bad addiction was until four months ago when I tried to follow medical advice... wow what a horrible two weeks and it seemed to never get any better.

About the only thing that seems to help by the time I get here are these little smiley guys under the message box...

So again does tapering down from Oxycodone help in the end to get off these altogether?