View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
evenkeel

Small detail...

She wasn't driving. We live 2 blocks from my in-laws. If she had been I certainly would have gone and gotten the boys myself. I didn't walk to get them myself because she said she had half a beer left and would be home within 10 minutes. I should have known better because it never works that way with her.

Thanks for the perspective, though. I think I'm more disappointed than anything else, maybe more with myself than her. I also think I'm mostly upset that she didn't leave a note. Waking up with her side of the bed cold was a bit of a shock. I think the biggest part of the whole thing is that, no matter how much I tell myself not to, I'm hoping things will change and things like this just slap me in the face because they're signs that they're not going to. Maybe they'll be different, but not necessarily better.

Priorities...yep, I'm working on it. I'm definitely still trying to let go of the things I should/can let go of so I can concentrate on the important stuff. She's definitively going to be out of state next month for three weeks for work (work changed their mind, apparently) so I can take that time to really work things out while I have the break.