View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

I haven't had a DUI either, but I wouldn't worry about it unless you have to..

I know most applications for jobs ask about a criminal background, I'm sure if it's a job that requires driving on the job they'd likely want to know about things like a DUI anyways.

Unfortunately, I know there's a few people on here that have had DUIs and likely have had these exact worries, which may be for nothing... or they might have some advice about how to face potential employers and applications with honesty and a plan.

These are sometimes the consequences we face for our actions..

Here's some info from ehow:

Future Potential Employers
Potential employers may require a background check. A DUI might disqualify you from a position you may be highly qualified for. When you fill out the application there is usually a section about prior convictions. From the employer's point of view, your application may be discarded from the beginning if you filled out the conviction section. If it is not disclosed and they require a background check, your DUI will show up and you still may not get the job. Potential employers may go back on their criminal background check or driving records 3, 5, 7, or 10 years. Sometimes the potential employer will pull your full record. Every company and state is different.

Expunging Your Record
You may be able to get your DUI expunged. Expungement means cleansing of one's criminal record, or the sealing and destruction of arrest and/or conviction information. There may be hope for your new job. You may want to contact an attorney. This bridges the gap and helps you get gainful employment. Expunging your record will require an attorney.
Read more: How Does a DUI Affect Employment? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4922443...#ixzz12T8GYj5J

I personally find it interesting that it may be possible to expunge your record.. that doesn't even seem right.

Good luck!