View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rift

One DUI=Employment Issues?

So I have 1 DUI. It was back in 2006. The circumstances of my DUI were that I got pulled over in a residential neighborhood less that one mile from my home. I did not come to a complete stop at a stop sign and kinda slowly rolled through it and got pulled. It sucked so bad! But it wasn't like I was doing 90 on the freeway putting people's lives in danger ya know?

Anyway, it has been four years since my DUI arrest.

I am in the process of trying to find a new job, which in this economy is hard enough. I am trying to get a Sales Rep type of job or any job at this point. This would require me to drive a company car to do business. I feel like this DUI is hurting my chances for jobs that may require driving.

My question is this for those that may have a DUI on their record:

Is there a way to expunge a DUI? I have heard that you can't.

How long would it be before that one DUI wouldn't matter to employeers? I mean what if 10 years go by? Is that still going to bar me from a job?

And has a DUI hurt you in general in all kinds of jobs in finding a new job regardless of having to drive or not for the job?

I feel like my chances are slim now. It really sucks to feel like my life is going to be ****** in terms of employment b/c of one DUI ya know?