View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fandy

welcome kevynpilot....your day and night sounded like a lot of mine too...especially the wine glass next to the bed....the bruises that i could not explain from stumbling and falling, the thought of breakfast or even coffee making me ill and the many ams started by barfing.

it isn't pretty and it certainly can get worse...you can hurt yourself or someone else. You took a big step by coming here and joining....take another one and call your doc. be truthful and ask for outpatient help (if that is the best thing).

BTW in the year 2009, i only went 9 days without alcohol...and it wasn't by choice. SR is one of the best sites i have spent time on, educational and nonjudgemental.

I didn't have a "plan" either, but i sure did feel better about 9 days after i jumped in with both feet....i'm not perfect, but i have never felt better and sobriety makes me feel balanced, so much less depression, better sleep (not passing out)...and it is my choice to feel well both mentally and physically.. I deserve it and so do you.

read and post, ask lots of questions, there is always someone around to listen.

SR has given me the best gift i could ever hope for, my life as it should be.