Thread: Big Book Quote
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

Originally Posted by richard7 View Post
The post today really hits home. I was told by my wife while I was in Detox that she was emotionally depleted, had no more to give me, and that we would eventually end up divorced.

We are in the process of trying to figure out finances and get to a place where we have a plan for where to live before we tell our 9 year old daughter.

It was tough for me to accept that my marriage might be over, but once I came to terms with that possibility I was able to move forward and get some peace.

PS - If there is anyone out there that went through a divorce in early sobriety feel free to PM me. I am looking for someone to communicate with that has been through the experience.
I was fortunate to not go through a divorce. I struggled with my marriage during recovery and we saw a counselor years ago. Our marriage was saved because I realized I needed to change and we both didn't want a divorce and kids were involved.

Most of my changes came through AA meetings and working the steps and getting out of my dry drunk. We worked it out and our marriage is fine now. I don't know if you already tried counseling, but if you haven't I think both of you should try it. I've always been told to try to save a marriage.

I would suggest to also work hard at your recovery and try to change with God's help and meetings. With God's help anything is possible.