View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Evon

I feel like you wrote my story there. Everything you wrote I can relate to. I drank on the weekends, but it was never enough. Thats what i love about SR you can relate to so many people.

As for the fun and no social life, it becomes easier. I know that's what I thought, me being young (almost 24), I thought what am I going to do now? I've been out and about since I've gotten sober and I enjoy it so much more. I remember the night and I can also be happy that I'm not that girl anymore. My definition of fun no longer includes alcohol, I've realized that my version of "fun" with alcohol was far from fun. It may have been fun in the beginning till it started controlling me and from that I acted very irresponsible and done some messed up things.

Maybe you should write down that list you wrote here and when a difficult time comes, pull it out and read it, tell yourself is that is really what you want. Also realize that it may seem like a good decision at the moment to pick up a drink, but that decision could leave you in a dark hole for a long time. So I'd get out while I can, because it isn't going to get any better if you decide to continue to abuse alcohol. Ask around and I don't think there would be anyone that admitted they have a problem with alcohol who went back and used, and said, "Hey that was fun, that was the best decision I've made!". Ultimately, your sobriety is dependent on you and what you decide to put into it.. So with that keep posting and welcome to SR!