View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snarf
Snarf Snarf

Out of Jail - Earlier Than Expected!

Hey family. I'm back on the comfort of my couch. I much prefer it to a steel bench or plastic chair. I was given a 10-day sentence for DUI #2, which was shortened to 5 because the jail does 2-for-1 for misdemeanors. My 5 actually ended up being about 3.5. I turned myself in at 8:30pm Thursday, thinking I would get out around 10:30am Tuesday (since I had already been in jail 10 hours after my arrest). Turns out, Thursday 8:30pm-12am counted as a whole day, and today counted as day 5, and I got out at 5:30am!

It wasn't altogether unbearable. I had Bible study, church service, took my Big Book, 12 Steps & 12 Traditions, Bible, and World Lit book, and some cigarettes. Shot some hoops and watched the Falcons game. Ate crappy food and slept on a fairly comfortable mattress in a cell with 2 other rather polite, entertaining and helpful individuals. And I ran into a friend from many years back, who is still friends with some people I know, and he's having lots of trouble with an addiction to prescription pills. I told him I would do everything I can to help him kick it, and he's already started since he can't get them in jail. Hopefully he'll be out soon and will be open to a recovery program, which I think he is because I shared my story with him and I think he wants my help on the outside. I believe that's a great blessing that God gave to me, an opportunity to use this situation to re-connect and help a friend.

Thank you all for your support, friendship, guidance and strength. I love you guys and am so happy to be back!