View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Charmie

wow 1323,i was sat away from the child,in fact i couldnt have been further away in the room.i couldnt hear folk share that were near the baby however.
yes we are trying to save lives or at least carrying the message that can do so..i dont take the credit on that one....so what about all the other sick alcoholics in the room that are not yet in a position to be able to be patient and tolerant.what about our service to them,which by the way is the majority?
this lady has been around AA and sober for 13 years.she can also attend meetings nearer her home that are open 4 times a week.
we are a closed meeting and just reading the guidelines again i am clear in my own mind on the position i take.
again..i will be taking this to group conscience.
we ask people to turn off mobile phones so as not to disturb the meeting.
bballdad...i really appreciated your post and you can imagine the kind of things that have been going through my head whilst pondering this.
how can our group be of maximum service to the majority of alcoholics 18/1 if there is a disturbance by the one?
we practice patience,love tolerance and kindness in bucketloads.
as a group we also try to practise maturity and sometimes this means making difficult descisions and facing uncomfortable situations...not burrying them so as not to hurt one persons feelings.
this situation i feel may be different if the girl was new,very young,without any other options and desperate.
but even so none of us are at liberty to take this ladies inventory.
we have to make a descision based on the greater good and yes...that may be difficult and uncomfortable...but do you know what...a few months ago i would have just let it go and...moaned like a drain about it and picked up a resentment.