View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tater13

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
tater13....Welcome to SR....
thanks Carol

Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
"It's good that someone finally reached out and got you some numbers. I think the best way to return the favor is to call every single one of those numbers. I guarantee you your calls to some of those people will be helping them as much as it helps you.

Even if it's just to say hello, give them a call. You'll probably get plenty of voice mails. But so be it. Hopefully they'll call you back. If not, give them another call the next day. You'd be surprised how glad some of those people will be that you're calling them.

I learned a long time ago that AA can't help me if I'm a closed book. The ones who reach out and really want to stay sober will have a better chance at staying sober
."

Well the phone feels like it weighs 500 pounds...but I AM going to call the numbers I have gotten today.

I probably should have the other day, but I had either my addiction or negative thinking saying not to.

I prayed on it last nite and I feel I have the courage to call today and I will.

Next is getting me to share at a meeting. But I want this badly enough so I know I will.

Thanks again
yep I totally understand , it is hard at first and takes you awhile to get comfortable enough to pick up the phone and call without getting nervous and anxious but I guess you have the good reason to call one of those numbers right now ,you wanna quit badly I bet it gives you enough motivation to do things that you'd normally avoid, I totally understand how's it like when you feel the urge to do something for yourself cuz you can't live this way nomore and how bad you need to change that it overshadows your anxiety ,I've experienced it before it totally changed my life
anyways I wish you luck ,hope you find a good sponsor soon *HUGS*