Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
racinstalldev
Bob

It is so very nice to have an entire day ahead of me... and the weather today in Cleveland Ohio is going to be absolultely gorgeous.

I also hit a bit of a milestone last night... I started a fire outside, and for the first time ever, did not bring a cooler full of beer to the fire.

I had no desire to drink, although as the night wore on, I did start to feel a bit depressed and irritable, which is when I called it quits and ended up in bed before midnight. Speaking of, when is the last time I was in bed that early on a Friday night???

Tonight is my next test, if you will... we are going to dinner with another couple. The interesting twist is that the husband has lost his last two jobs (the last one just yesterday), and the wife suspects its due to his drinking. He had this last job for only two weeks, and was out of town with his boss and clients, and his wife talked to him while he was there and he was smashed. The previous job he had a few incidents with coworkers and clients, in one instance getting a black eye and detained by the police.

So I don't think he'll be drinking tonight either! I can hear his wife once they get home tonight... "See... Bob quit drinking!!!"

I know many of you have advised me to skip this night out, but I feel confident that I can make it through without drinking. His wife already knows my situation.