View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

I pray for my shortcomings to be removed:-)

I think having a list of shortcomings and their polar opposites is great and really helpful, at least it is for me!

Perfectionism is a problem i have so i pray for God to reove it, remove my understanding of what perfectionism is...when i read about perfectionism it became clear to me that it actually contains about 4 other character defects and, what i have found, is that by getting an understanding of what it is i humbly ask to be removed is important, for me anyway...else i could just say God please remove all my shortcomings and anymore you spot...i know He can do anything but feel that i am meant to do my bit too:-)

The reason i mention this, and i by no means have any answers here, is that a few old timers i have met seem to have a lot of issues in common i.e. money and relationships and my sponsor has just started seeing a great recovered alcoholic (not AA) who is a counselor to help with these issues.

It's important for us to realise, at any stage IMO, that God works through people as well as prayer and that there are a multitude of resources out there for us, e.g. books, courses, people...if we need them...

It's not watering down the program and its not a weakness...asking for a little help...just wanted to say that...

But yeah perfectionsism is a beauty!!!