View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hotpeppers

Thanks again for the support and the hugs everyone.

I think she'll do an acceptable attempt at stopping but I'm afraid that if her feeling depressed doesn't stop, she'll slip and then feel guilty about it and continue drinking.

Our marriage needs fixing, that I agree. I also agree that I can help around the house alot more but I will not take the blame for her drinking.

Another problem is that she's the "money manager" in the house. We have a joint bank and credit card accounts. She also has a couple of her own credit card accounts (from the days before we got married). How do I stop that ?

We have two kids my son is 13 and my daughter is 11. I don't think they are aware of any major issues right now. My wife doesn't pose any danger in any way to them yet (as far as I can tell). Do I approach them ? And explain what's going on with their mother ? Or wait and see what happens next ? I don't want to stress them out.

I had a talk with my manager and he seems to understand. He hasn't noticed anything wrong with my quality of work but I know it's been hurting. I procrastinate alot, give short bursts of good work and then slump into procrastinating again. Anyhow he understands and says his door is always open if I need to talk more.

Needless to say I'm scared of what the future holds. Never in my mind at any time did I ever consider that I would be in this situation. It's unreal.

Guy