Thread: What about me??
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Babyblue

I like both your answers. Probably a mixture lots of things. I didn't think I could fix him but I did want him to snap out of it, completely unrealistic I know. Even though I knew he couldn't, It just made no sense to me how a bright, full of possibilities man could P*** his life away like that. And in my more evil moments I'd think "he is sweeter drunk than sober!" Bad I know. But hey, it was stressful. I guess I wanted to be the one he appreciated the most, the one who was there when everyone else had the good sense to detach. So yes, now it is the treatment place that is going to get all the thanks for helping him and his AA buds who are coming out of the woodwork to cheer him on. Fantastic! What do I get? Nada. Not yet at least. Maybe someday but for now, he is locked away in the 'spa for misfits' (love that by the way!). I feel cheated somehow. At least at this moment. He is still in that fog so that could be it as well. The person who really should show me that appreciation can't (yet).