Old 10-03-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
itisatruth

Originally Posted by Dano1964 View Post
28 days not enough for me this time she can't move back until 90 day sober living is over and that is if everything went perfect doubtful
That is such a powerful statement. You know it's not enough. Keep your boundaries clear - what is and isn't acceptable in you and your daughter's life.

I wasn't trying to sound preachy or anything in my post - I just identified with so much of yours. I thought if I showed the doctor what was really going on, then just maybe things would work out for my RAH. Or, if I proved to him, my husband, what he really did when he was on xanax, then maybe he'd finally get it (I had pictures and everything!). I had my foot half way out the door, so to speak, the whole time. It wasn't until I accepted, and began to live with, the fact that it was better for me to spend less time on him and more time on myself, that I began to make real change in my life.

Again, this me talking about my ES&H. I hope yours continues to move towards a positive place for you and your daughter.