View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Pagekeeper

If you have decided you want what we have, and you are willing to go to any lengths to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps.
Annette:

There are a few prerequisites to taking the steps. First, you have to decide you want what we have. Next, you have to be willing to go to any lengths to get it.

So, do you want what we have? Are you willing to go to any lengths to get it?

For me, willing to go to any lengths meant taking my child to meetings, not caring what family and friends thought about AA, and being willing to tell a whole room of people: "I drank on Saturday and I don't know what to do. Can someone in here help me?"

You may have called that person to make an apology, but you did not do step 9. I simply did not possess the humility or honesty to make an amends like the BB describes until I had completed 1-8. That's my experience.

Originally Posted by Awayfromit View Post
I have difficulty getting to AA meetings because of childminding difficulties. Not an excuse, I'd go twice a day if I could. So my attendance is very hit and miss. I have not yet heard a woman share talk about the steps. I am trying to find work so that I can pay a sitter. I cannot leave the child alone with his father and my 18 year old cannot get his head around me getting any help from "a bunch of alcoholics". So refuses most of the time.