Thread: Update!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Lizzaayy

thank you amy.
i can always count on getting great positive feedback from you.

it has been tough. but i feel so much better with myself. i think maybe what helped me get out of all this so quickly- with others it takes much longer- was, firstly, the thought of my baby.
but also because i used to be in an abusive relationship with a guy. that lasted only 2 1/2 years. i got out of there not as quickly as i could have, but i know i saved my own life by leaving when i did. i was 16 when i met that guy, and he was 22. boy, was i blind.

haha, i guess what i'm saying is it gets easier each time, to detach from things that are toxic to us.
and at least this time, he was not abusive (though maybe he could have been eventually?)
the whole addiction thing was a huge surprise to me. i never would have guessed. now, since i've learned so much about it, i do see the red flags and signs.

maybe the next guy i choose will be normal. oh, that is so far down the road, though.
my heart will soon not be lonely when my lil boy is born. i am looking forward to that, and feeling loved again (of course not counting my parents/family)