Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Corkie

I wasn't going to post this, because quite frankly I'm sick to death of the whole situation.
But I think this is an important message to get through to everyone in here who still doubts themselves.
That message is TRUST YOUR GUT INSTINCTS!!!!!!

I recieved an email from him last night. I was going to copy/paste the whole thing here in anger, but that won't get me anywhere. Instead I feel calm, content and vindicated that I am NOT crazy.
The first 2 words in his email were "I lied"
Then went on to tell me when he drank and how sorry he was and how he's going to change for good this time....blah blah blah blah blah!
I've been dealing with this crap a long time. If you remember "Elsie"...that was me. So, I'm done. He cannot be trusted. He simultaniously broke my two boundaries. I told myself if he lies or drinks I'm outta here.....and he did both.
I can with 100% certainty tell you all, and this is my promise to you (My SR family) and my own family, that I will NEVER be in a relationship with him ever again. We share a son, so for our son's sake I must have a friendship with him, but it will never go beyond that.

You know, I started to doubt myself a little bit. Because he was adament that he didn't drink. Someone here mentioned diabetes could be the cause of smelling like alcohol, and he brought that up to me saying he had been to the Dr and is being tested for diabetes as well as cholesteral levels etc. So, I started to think I was wrong. I started to struggle against my gut. I am SO glad I stuck to my guns and trusted myself!!
Imagine if I had of believed him, and trusted him like he asked me to. He could have kept drinking, and lying...and OMG...my life would have been a disaster, AGAIN!

So.....please, take it from me....listen to what your gut is telling you. Instead of worrying about the fact that I wasted 4 years of my life with a liar, I'm going to rejoyce in the fact that I learned a lot. I'm going to rejoyce in the fact that I trusted myself and that I saw the truth and can now move forward with MY life and leave that destruction behind me.

YEY ME! And YEY to everyone else who has and who will reach this point and this feeling!