Thread: How Many times?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Fandy

I never wanted to stop drinking before this year....and now? i know my life depends on it....nothing earth shattering with health problems, but my inner voice (that one with common sense running through it)...tells me i've pushed the envelope far enough...i want to save myself and not be tied to a bottle of wine....it has destroyed enough, now i want to reclaim my sanity not give up.

i've suffered from chronic insomnia it seems forever, but when i'm sober i get a good 7 hours every night....i find that very hard to give up, so i prefer sobriety.

i've also found that i am less depressed when i'm sober, i function better and think logically. i WANT a better life, i'm tired of the old dragging, depressed, hungover version that started every AM barfing into the bathroom trash basket. (sorry for the graphic).

in 2009 i was only not drinking 9 days total (due to hospitalization where those LFTs were alarming along with my cholesterol)....since Feb. 16, 2010 i am a different person and i like this version much better...i think like i did before alcohol sucked me into oblivion.

i'm NOT perfect, i've tried drinking "in moderation" a few times, but it simply doesn't work for me...so i stopped experimenting with that trick too.

you can make this your last Day One by simply not drinking....but you have to really want it and have support. (and help from yoru doctor if you need to please)