Old 10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
itisatruth

Originally Posted by Dano1964 View Post
My AW is has stopped to going to meetings and is now telling me that if I help monitor her Xanex use all will be Well. Never mind the fact that three months ago she was weaned off Xanex and on to Buspar during her tenth trip to rehab. Because the new Subutex Doctor feels if I control the Xanex three a day rain or shine all will be well. Did he just get here on a boat? First visit and he switches her from from a drug Buspar they only use to wean people off Xanex and he gives her Xanex!

In the four years we have been together the worst arguments are when she is on Xanex!

But today I took some advice some of you gave me and wrote a letter to her doctor. I told her I wrote the letter. She said if I really have written a letter she will leave me. I said do what you have to do but I wrote the letter.

I feel like twenty pounds is off my shoulders. Of course her doctor is such an idiot he will probably keep prescribing it. My next act will be giving him a video tape of her while she is intoxicated on the Xanex and Subutex
Wish I could give you a magic pill to help you get to where you probably would rather be - without the pain or insanity - that I went through. I did all that you're doing. I called the doctors, I tried controlling the pills, I had arguments with a non-conscious adult, contrary to what he looked like. None of it made a difference until he was ready to stop. It was ugly; it was scary. I don't wish that on anyone. Do what you need to do for you - which is take care and control the only thing you really can ---- you. I wish you well.