View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I am an alcoholic. By that I mean that I am wired differently when it comes to the physical and mental effects of alcohol compared to most people. When I took a drink then it set of an immediate craving for more, more, more! Also I could take huge amounts of booze for my size right from the age of 14. Also my hangovers weren't that bad for the amount of booze that I would put away. I used to get a much more 'euphoric' hit from booze than most people, I know this to be true by talking to many, many average people back in my drinking days. I would sit alone and wait for that euphoria to hit on about the 3rd pint and then I would be off. I even had the natural ability to be able to gulp drinks down incredibly fast, I always won drinking competiitions. I used to down whole pints alone in about 10 seconds, and that's fizzy lager! one after the other after the other. I have many physical properties which enabled my alcoholism to progress. If drinking was an olympic sport then I would have been snapped up at a young age as having that raw 'natural' talent! ha-ha.

I also suffered from depression and other related mental health 'issues' and found booze to be of great comfort to me in giving me some restbite from this.

For me then even though my mental health very good now, most of the time, then I would still have the physical properties of being an alcoholic that I have talked about.

I just used to loved drinking, that's the short of it! Yes, I'm an alcoholic.

Incidentally I drank and drugged heaviest whilst on anti depressants. It's hard to say really what is what when you're drinking and drugging really heavily. They definately helped my comedowns from coke and Pills though. I remember thinking how I should feeling alot worse than I did, I think my really bad comedowns were where I wasn't on anti-depressants. Basically trying to sort out mental health problems if you're still drinking and drugging heavily is a total waste of time, in my experience. By getting sober and working a recovery program than my mental health improved greatly however once I had accepted my alcoholism and was 9 months sober then I worked with mental health professionals to address underlying stuff that I knew I used to medicate with alcohol.

peace