Thread: Depressed???
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Supercrew

I didn't plan on this thread going this direction. I just wanted to say I was feeling down, I remembered that I had missed my workout a couple of days in a row, BAM, I worked out, I felt better.

That being said, I do feel that depression is something that is natural, and it is often something that people are looking to medicate rather than looking at the cause. Why are so many people depressed? Most people are depressed because they are not happy with their "life situation". If these people were able to do what they loved each and everyday would they still be depressed? Boredom often is mistaken for depression. I drank alot out of boredom, which led to even more depression later on. Will spirituality lead you out of depression? I agree if you are feeling suicidal you should seek help, but in my opinion depression is just a part of the ebbs and flows of life. I'm headed to the weightroom again to make my biceps bigger and then I'm going to cut the lawn and coach a football practice to put a smile on my face and some purpose in my life!!