Thread: One Year Sober
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
kelsh

Exclamation One year sober! Wow!

Hi Daisy,

It makes me feel good & makes me think about another Sober Person to add to the Roster. There were ten of us women in AA when I got sober & stayed sober. I, too, went through some horrific times but did not drink.

My Mom & Dad both saw me stay sober before they died. I still think about my Mom being afraid to tell me about my Brother drinking & in & out of jail because they thought I might start drinking again if I knew he was drinking again. He had been sober 14 years & started drinking again when his second wife divorced him.

My Brother and I were co-owners of the family home & what a mess that ended up to be. I had to evict my Bro & his drug using friends that he rented bedrooms to & they all trashed the house within a three year period. I was lucky someone wanted to buy the house & redue it to sell.

This was before the big stock market fall & economy dropping out of sight. Someone was truly watching out for me on this one. They pay $800 a month @ 8% Interest & sometimes pay three months at a time, which my Brother & I agreed to do. I put it all in my savings account & transfer money to his bank when he needs it. We both are retired but he used his alcohol addiction to get off the drugs so is still drinking.

He agreed I should handle his share of money & I am in the process of finding the starting point & what money I did have in savings before putting the house payments in. I have everything in a contract with my Brother to pay myself back what monies I paid out for cleaning out the house & I did not pick up a drink so felt pretty proud of myself because this was all so sad. I had to go back to the motel once because I felt myself heading into a manic attack-my youngest daughter was with me & knows what to look for.

The Police were there looking for my Brother but I didn't know where he was
(yet) so didn't have to lie. He had a warrent out for him for unpaid fines. Then the FBI came looking for someone else involved in a drug bust of a Cartel & this guy had a auto repair place across the street where he did the money laundrying.

kelsh