Thread: Pink Cloud?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

D.....I'm HIGHLY opposed to what that guy said on one hand.....and I completely agree with it on the other.

Like several have said, that feeling is what the feeling of being connected to God feels like. Once you're recovered, you WON'T get those compulsions to drink...and you'll generally feel calm, happy, and so forth.

That said, a lot of ppl get that feeling early in recovery because they have been asking God to help them.....God does.......then we do the worst thing possible - we start to think this good feeling is the result of "us deciding not to drink, us being in better control of our life, and us managing our problems differently and more successfully." Following that tasty little revelation, most of us stopped praying, slowed down in working the program...... we got lazy. No surprise, we alcoholism comes roaring back full force - only now we know what we're missing out on (those happy days) so we feel extra bad.......and guess what takes away that "extra bad feeling?" -- another drink. Hello relapse!

Falling from that cloud isn't mandatory..... but the "look out" warning comes from (hopefully) a position of love. In other words - "I love u man so get ready for that fall because it appears you may be resting on your laurels." U keep calling your sponsor, work those steps / read the material / etc even harder.....each day......and you can stay on that cloud. Ease off....take it easy....sit back and enjoy your new-found freedom too much and.... look the F-out.