View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
milwaukeeguy85
EntertheSticks

Kafoo-

I also went to a big state party school (uw Milwaukee). while we didn't get the rankings it was absolutely ridiculous (as it appears many universities are nowadays). What I would suggest is possibly going to visit someone if possible? When i would try to quit in college that is what I first started to do, Unfortunately then you get the feeling that you are missing out on stuff, but in retrospect that is not true at all.

Anyway some ideas for a college kid-
Read ahead, start studying for mid terms/finals. (no sense in waiting till the last minute like we always do)

Get involved in some type of campus activity. One thing i really regret from school is not becoming active in any of the bazillion different groups we had around campus doing various things. This can include 4h type stuff, political groups, activity groups (skiing, skateboarding, etc), and so on and so forth.

Get call of duty modern warfare 2. If you are in to video games this game will be sure to suck up your entire free time. It requires an investment (a ps3 and the game) but it will suck up tons of your free time.

OR- you can do what I suggest to anyone trying to be sober and find a consuming activity that parallels their struggle to stay sober- Get a guitar. It takes tons of dedication and practice, and there are many plateaus to get over before you get anywhere, but once you do it is SO worth it. Besides the ladies love it. (sorry if you are a woman)