Thread: One Year Sober
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
daisy2

One Year Sober

Hello all,
I am sober today for a full year. I feel like I can breathe a big sigh of relief, because I made it. I actually quit drinking a year ago yesterday, but I chose today as my sober anniversary because I wanted it to start from when i had not drank for atleast 24 hours. Even though I know that this is just a begining to the journey, and that this is a commitment to whole life change, a year is a big milestone for me.

I have been through soooo much this year, so many challenges-- quitting smoking also, moving, relationships ending, illnesses, etc the list goes on... but I have not drank through any of it. Drinking only ever makes things much much much worse. I feel so thankful to be on a healthy path with life, and am beginning to truly see the light through the tunnel.

When I think back to last september, and afew of the things that happened through the prior year with alcohol, I am so grateful to know that no matter what, I never have to go through the shame of drinking and hurting myself and those around me with alcohol again.

Thank you for this forum, & for listening!!