Old 09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
shaun00

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
I have no idea why I did what I did sometimes. When I drank...how much I drank...what I drank. I thought I was in control the entire time.

Then, come to find out, after the blackouts and consequences started, I'm not in control at all. In fact, I might actually be in a bit of trouble here. I can't control what is happening to me.

So...then taking that into consideration, and the fact that I [I]now[I] know I have a disease. What do I call it if or when I drink?

I think this boils down to what we really want to know - was it my fault I drank or at what point in my recovery does it become my fault if I drink?

Or was is simply a untreated reason...an untreated disease...as to why I act the way I do?
knowing you have a disease is not enough imo.
its fundamental to have the vital information..but information without action is peeing in the wind.

i have recovered from alcoholism.....as long as i continue to grow along spiritual lines that recovered state will remain.

i am sane and sober.......in your post you said you believed you were in control the entire time......that screams to me, how insane we become
if i continue to drink with a form of insanity......am i too blame..?..is it a choice made based on reality??.......of course not.

just me.