Old 09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Well, for what it's worth, GG sponsor hit me with:

"Open to page 63. Which comes later in the book, page 24 or 63?" "Page 63," I said. He asked me to read it and he went back to these parts:

We had a new Employer.... He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well.... We were reborn.

then he asked me to look up "reborn"
1 : born again : regenerated, revived

Then he asked, "if you're REBORN, what does that mean? Doesn't it mean that the 'old' you is gone and now there's a 'new' you?"

Then he said, "Quit getting hung up on the words. Bill and Bob intended anyone to worship words or to worship the book or to worship the steps or to worship the program.... you read to words, IN the book, DO the steps to WORK the program TO WORSHIP GOD.

Finally he said "slipped" is treatment center word so it's not AA, "lost our choice" is worshiping the book and that's not AA....so go ask God...that's AA. (LOL gotta love a crusty old-timer) Then he asked me how many hours I spend per week in prayer and how many in meditation...... (double-LOL).

Finally.....he closed with: "Mike, if someone goes back out and drinks again - you ask them if they were ever reborn! If they want to call it a slip, or a choice... none of that matters, they went out and drank because they didn't have a spiritual experience, they didn't enter the fourth dimension, they weren't working the program, they didn't find a new employer and they weren't reborn. That's why they got drunk again."