View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
radicalproposal

Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
Oh sheesh...I see I stirred the hornets nest. I had nothing, but good intentions. I didn't realize that pointing out that complacency may be considered the number one offender for people with long term sobriety would cause you so much discomfort.

Plus, go and read the BB. It talks about maintenance. Steps 10-12, specifically. So, don't rest on your laurels and get complacent, which is an offender for people with long-term sobriety.

From page 85 from the 3rd edition: "It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition."

Nonetheless, I see that you just want to be argumentative, which is hardly spiritual.
I've sat with this a bit before responding. I'll clarify a few thoughts and let it go.
1. I had issue with the link you posted, as it was not consistent with the message that is in the Big Book. That being said, I imagine you will still do what suits you, fortunately I know how to write inventory and get clear.

2. You do not have the power to cause me discomfort. I get to choose who and what bothers me. I find that "my troubles are of my own making" to be one of the greatest promises in the book.