Old 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by queenteree View Post
AH says since he lost his wallet the nite before, he wants his credit card statements to call in the cards stolen. I'm like "fine" and follow him upstairs to get them. I said to him "I want to see each statement you are taking" cause hey, you never know w/him, he could take one of my bank statements and have come skank call up pretending she is me (AH knows all my pertinent information) and they can get a debit card or something and clear out my money. I wasn't trusting the situation. Anyway, I see him sneak something in his pocket, so of course, when we go downstairs, I say I want to see it. He shoves it at me, says "here" and it's the last of his retirement money statement. I said "oh no, you are NOT taking any more money that will have to be split in the divorce!"???
I knew that my AH (alcoholic husband) knew my pertinent info: SS#, DOB, maiden name, mother's maiden name, etc. I had a block put on my personal accounts at my bank. I can not call the toll free number and find out my balance, I can not call the bank and ask them to order checks, debit cards, etc. I have to go into the branch and show i.d. for anything involving my accounts. I have been divorced 1 3/4 years and I still have the block on my accounts.